PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates or Qatar
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2016, 20:50
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, a while ago, when I was down in the ME flying for QR, there was no discussion where to go - it was EK.

Times change, as well in the ME, it seems the QR "package" became better, but it is still QR what is sitting there ugly in the shadow, waiting to jump at you(a bit dramtic, I know, but the best way you can picture QR airlines and it's lovely boss).

There is no comparison between Doha and Dubai.

The current deal at QR might be better, maybe even the off days may be better now(a few years the weren't, a lot of guys jump ship and that's why they changed it - empty cockpits do not fly well). But remember - they always can change the deal. It's even written in the contract(at least it was written in mine a few years back).

Honestly, if someone would ask me right now I would suggest to stay well clear of EK AND QR. If there is no choice, your old outfit is bancrupt or you need to work on your sun tan () then I would always go EK. They are going apparently downhill at the moment but, after loosing enough experienced crew, will turn around(must turn around) or close down.