PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 29th May 2016, 13:23
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find distressing about all crash threads is the almost desperate attempts of some contributors to apportion blame. ......... there has been a common theme since that post which I find depressing at best.
Perhaps it's not so much to apportion blame, but to understand a cause. Understand the cause to reduce the chance it could reoccur, particularly as a result of a factor introduced by the person speculating. This is a personal growth/learning exercise.

Personally, other than for grossly malicious action, I have no desire to point at a fellow aviation person, and say "you did it!, you're in trouble". I wish much more to do my part to understand and prevent unsafe situations. In this case, I have considered factors which may be involved here, and that will make me a more safe aircraft maintainer in the future. Had speculation not occurred in this forum, I would not have those better ideas, which will now stay with me to make my aircraft more safe. That is irrespective of the outcome eventually found.

Several times I have maintenance check flown an aircraft and found a maintenance failing - which was the purpose of the flight! I've not returned and waved an ugly finger at the maintainer and said "look what you did!!!", It's been I have found this, and it needs to be corrected before I'll sign for the aircraft, can we work this out, and I'll take for a flight afterword.

Sensitivity to families and our peers is great here, and empathy for someone somewhere who might have a big lump in their throat right now, because they do understand the cause . But, I like the discussion, and am learning from it.