PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 29th May 2016, 12:49
buzz66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lynnx
Some have said, on here, that the Puma family has run up 9 million hours over all marks.
In that time it has had 3 visualy similar (tho not causal) MRH failures where we can ALL graphically imagine the results.

My questions are;

1 At what point does the statistical likelyhood of this event occuring 3 times stop being chance and become an inherant weakness ?- for whatever reason.

2 Does any other type (same operating area/same hours) have similar record of such a failure?

We should remember that as far as the "public" is concerned an aircraft loss is an aircraft loss - "most" people will neither know nor care whether it was caused by human error or mechanical failure. They will simply have the preception that a newer (or different) aircraft is safer simply because they,ve crashed less !

I think it unfair that on aircraft types that this is the case - but, how long did the chinook family survive public opinion?

On a personal note - ever since I saw the picture of the MRH buried in the ground with an intact strut minus its lower attachment pin, I,ve had a bad feeling.
AAIB and AH will have the final say.
Holy Crap really...You should quit while no-one still knows who the hell you are.

Where to start..

9 Mill flights hours has mostly be carried out by the good old L & L1's thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both Model's are still flying right now.
So you clearly don't work for Airbus or you would already know that.

1. Because the bloody Jesus bolts all came from the same cause. the gearbox failed...It doesn't matter what caused it every time the fact remains, the end result NOT well received.
2, Ohh dear refer above

I simply cannot believe you actually put this in in print to anyone...Fark me do you deserve everything about to come your way, Hang on for the ride!!!!

We should remember that as far as the "public" is concerned an aircraft loss is an aircraft loss - "most" people will neither know nor care whether it was caused by human error or mechanical failure. They will simply have the preception that a newer (or different) aircraft is safer simply because they,ve crashed less !