PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the reason for separate military ATC?
Old 29th May 2016, 12:20
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
it's notthatbloodyhard:

let's see.......

At age Eighteen Moping around Point Cook tentatively approached one SqnLdr Duffy about what life might be like if I joined RAAF.... response: "eff off, go away"

subsequent as an army officer cadet and officer experiencing continual RAAF over promising and under delivering, unlike the fleet air arm.

..being instructed that if I did get to Vietnam, to request American helicopter support if an LZ was hot since Australian pilots (as courageous and skilled as the yanks) would cop a grounding and inquiry if they got a bullet hole in Their chopper.

..being told that the main use of Chinooks was not troop transport but RAAF logistical tasks like moving Tarmac vehicles.

.....the FIII deseal/reseal scandal and what it revealed about RAAF "culture".

......numerous visits to the grey sponge in support of winning consulting assignments.

..watching one proud ex RAAF engineering officer with borderline personality disorder destroy a major public company.

..watching two others do the same to part of the civil aviation sector.

on the other hand, the guys at HdH were tops.

by contrast my experience of former naval persons has been great.

CASA has a culture of bullying, intimidation, rigidity, injustice, capriciousness and possibly corruption. I would suggest that all but the Last attribute have had to come from somewhere and the culprit ,by definition, has to be an government institution because no private sector institution could survive any length of time without public exposure. that therefore points to the RAAF rejects as the source of the problem.