PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Defence Force!! - You must be joking!! - Discuss....
Old 27th May 2016, 11:31
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
I f we were to remain in the union, what I'd like to know is, what are the chances of our being dragged kicking and screaming into the Euro Army, which I assume would include a Euro Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force!?

If this were so and the Falklands became an issue pressing a military solution again would our best of buddies throughout the 'union' support our case and allow us to call upon whatever military commitment was deemed necessary to resolve the crisis? and from across the entire ORBAT of the Euro Force?

Would the Supreme command in Brussels, or wherever its location, impose a radical re-deployment of forces in the UK? Could we expect, say...military units from across the continent to be based in London and take on the Royal Duties?

Could HQ EU Forces, acting under the ultimate direction of Brussels, alter significantly the current disposition of UK Forces at home, by ordering a imbalance of units here and there? Thus overriding the concerns of our very own countrymen and women currently charged with such responsibility?

What would become of our nuclear deterrent? Especially given the current position in the cycle of maintaining it?

FB