PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 27th May 2016, 10:50
Magjam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lynnx
Correct me if I,m wrong, but reading those quotes......at no point was it said that anything was installed correctly/not installed correctly or had, for certain items, even been found!
Carefull weasel words, and no wonder rumours abound.
I do , however, absolutely understand the reason for them.
Weasel words? Really?

You are right in that nothing was stated about any parts being installed incorrectly.

I believe the point of this press conference was to give a short statement, present some more or less random parts recovered and to answer questions about the preliminary report released on the same day.
The point of it was not to give out any hasty speculations or conclusions as to causal or contributing factors. If anything, any hesitance or re-phrasing during the statements seems to be to avoid doing just that and to avoid delving too deeply into technical details (which they actually stated later on when a journalist asks what a "base mount" is). To me it seems they were offering as much transparency that could be expected at the time.

As to if: "..any certain items had even been found!", you have to be a bit less bombastic and a bit more specific than that. I recommend that you watch the video or read the quotes again where it was stated:

"The reality of the matter is that we have all the components belonging to the suspension bars."

And:

"Though we are still missing the center portion of one of them, we do have the end pieces."

I believe the rumor they alluded to was one where either the fitting (aka fixing/foot/base mount), the mounting bolt, the safety nappy pin or all of them had not even been installed on the lower part of the forward suspension bar and were sitting on a table in a hangar somewhere.

They debunked that rumor, at least as far as I am concernced.