PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 27th May 2016, 09:39
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Cazalet33
I'd be adversely surprised if these guys haven't deployed an LBL array around the locus by now.
Burullus has been in the same spot at least since May 22nd, at the time it was in port, made a short move to Abu Qir (its home port), and then directly sailed to the spot at 9-10 knots. Quite early on there was a bit of an open 'circle' around it, but as i posted, quite a few ships still crossing close at between 10-16 knots. See Note *
As far as i can see B is supplied on station by a big French vessel. I have not detected a screen of navies vessels yet (like there was with AirAsia). But perhaps they have xpdrs off.

*Note: I checked the information that i have from the start of the surface search. Definition of "close" is when you look at it from the viewpoint of multiple ships making surface sweeps. When you look at it from the viewpoint of a single ship sounding around one specific location, then the 'circle' diameter was more than the 2 miles or so that Cazalet indicated.

Last edited by A0283; 27th May 2016 at 11:10. Reason: typo and note*