PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greedy Airlines & SlimLine Seats!
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2016, 07:14
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see the issues. Airlines are providing bare bones fares where you pay basically for the seat and fuel. My optional extras will cost you more. You control how much you pay and pay for things that you need. I don't expect the vegetables and gravy to come for free when I buy a joint of beef.

Processing baggage incurs a real cost to airlines and therefore should be passed on. The same goes for food. If you want extra legroom it's available. If you want premium classes they're available too.

It's a free market. Airlines provide a service that the market will support whilst generating profit and shareholder benefit. Shareholders can include pension funds or mom and pop investors so a lot of people do benefit.

Nobody forces anyone to do anything they don't want. Choice is choice and if you don't link they way someone runs their business, hit them where it hurts and vote with your model.

It seems to me people are bitter and very anti LCC and blame them for the changes in their full size airline. This is BS. LCCs compete on a tiny fraction of long haul routes.

If it all gets too much for you then there's Seat61.com. A really cool site that tells you how to get around without giving a penny to their airlines.