PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New-ish i5 MB, Up to W10 64 bit free, BUT, bl . . . blinking awful graphics.
Old 26th May 2016, 21:45
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Dual screen. Could this be it?!?!

The DVI cable had taken away the need for phasing in the monitor settings and it wasn't too bad.

Anyway, I lost my cursor, and found it in a void to the right - a couple of swipes to get it back. I realised that while I was testing with my laptop, I'd gone to dual screens and left it like that. I switched back to single screen and there was more than a little difference in the quality. So, Nvidia card. DVI cable and one darn screen, and it's quite liveable with.

Still a bad mistake to get the old board as I now find i5 can be dual core, and yes that's what mine is. But given the price of a new i5 quad, 65 quid for MB, chip fan and memory is no big deal.

The question is: is it better to not have any graphics processing on the main CPU and use a good card, or is the closeness of the GPU a major factor in speeding things up? Also, I'm not totally clear if the final signal comes out of the CPU, or if it still has to go to a Video chip.

That was a statement, but please can it be considered a question.