PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 26th May 2016, 19:23
guadaMB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wes_wall
guara
Agree with you regarding the size of (or lack of) the debris field. Any one familiar with the foot print left by an airplane making contact with the ground, or water, would be thinking it strange that more objects would have been seen, and or, collected. Too many whys creep into the possibility the crew flew the airplane into the ocean. Large things which separate from the airplane after contact will float, and debris will bleed quickly from inside the interior.
I'm so sorry if was understood that I claim THE CREW sent the airplane against the Med Sea INTENTIONALLY. Now my post is deleted by mods, buy what I wanted to explain is that the crew INTENDED TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT to control but weren't able to success.
What I suppose (and many in my circle) is that once things came to be really BAD, the PiC or the FO took command of the a/c with the intention of a controlled/smooth splash-down but coudn't (possibly with serious electrical damage/smoke/etc and in full darkness this may be very difficult). The lack of rational debris for an A320 (in quantity) makes me think of a relatively quiet sinking. I don't forget the pieces of bodies and some objects really torn by strong forces, but those maybe cause of a localized break in fuselage, leaving the remaining of the hull in one piece (and possibly passengers caught by belts and in their seats).