PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2016, 17:05
Adam_ATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello.

I'm 18 years old and I've got a place to study Computer Science at University later this year. However, I've recently been searching for a part-time job for over the summer. Whilst job-hunting I discovered ATC and whilst I realise that it's obviously a full-time career decision, it's piqued my interest. I have passed Stages 0 and 1 and now have the opportunity to book a date for Stage 2.

My question is this: How much time would I need to dedicate to Stages 2, 3 and 4 knowing that it's not even that likely that I would get the job? I still want to go to university to study Computer Science, but if I had a guaranteed place to go on the NATS training program I would absolutely take it. If University is a 9/10, then NATS would be a 10/10. It sounds like a fantastic career.

I would be fine with taking part in Stages 2, 3 and 4 if they just take a couple days each. As I could do this in the summer/christmas/spring breaks whilst I'm at university. But if there's anything that could take several days or more than a week then it's not really an option for me.

My other question is: For how long am I able to choose my Stage 2 date? I received the email with the link to pick my date, but I'm not sure how long I would be able to leave it for before it might expire.