PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 24th Jul 2003, 00:05
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AGL:

I see your point, BUT:

To the German EMS: THis guy was definitely out of his mind! Here you see the lack of education when it comes to professionalism. He never realised that EMS has not a whole lot of fun to provide in the first place. Maybe you can wring out the machine a little on a maintenace flight, but under a bridge like that is a no-no in ANY CONCEIVABLE instance - except you have someone on the winch, HOVER underneath, to pick a drowning person - HOVERspeed is the keyword!!

To the SU-30 inverted bridge stunt: I doubt this was done with out an Aerobatic Waver.

AND that is another very important point that should be pointed out in Flightschool - there is such a thing as an Aerobatic Waver to perform stunts, donīt even try it with out it and the necessary training.

However the guy with the Bridge who "started" this thread, really did a good job on judging the possible danger.
Again, he did it most likely for his own joy and really did not put anyone (but maybe himself - for falling debris from the bridge...) in danger - dispite it is prohibited by law to fly any closer than 500 ft.
The german EMS pilot had no judging ability in the first place!

3top

PS: I still would not report the thread-starter but very much the EMS-"professional". I definitely do not like to report on fellow pilots, everyone is a little on the other side of the law now and then, even unwillingly. But I do not consider the EMS guy a fellow pilot but an idiot! Bad reputation comes from people like him, not so much from the likes like the thread-starter!