PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance and ARC
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2016, 12:21
BoeingBoy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My ELA1 aircraft is on uncontrolled Part M. I looked at going over to controlled but frankly there was no difference in cost and I had to hand over responsibility to the maintenance company and pay them to do my log books, which for five hours a month seemed a little over the top. Even they agreed that as I work closely with them at all times and liaise on all matters there would be no great benefit for me.

When I said that I also wanted to stay uncontrolled to take advantage of Part M (Light) they said that they would be reluctant to get involved with any part of it until all requirements were cast in stone and not liable to be changed at the whim of EASA or the CAA. Their viewpoint was that on previous occasions they had spent time and money gearing up for regulation change only to find the goal posts moved after they had complied with initial drafts and rulings etc.

I hope there will be some relief for us on full Part M in the future but frankly unless you want to ask the CAA to approve your LAMP and work alone, then companies are unlikely to be enthusiastic about implamenting change. As A&C say's, it's a bit like asking a Turkey to sign your Christmas cards!