PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetairfly, TUI Airlines Belgium, France Bases
Old 26th May 2016, 08:30
Otterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A relevant post as someone I know will be joining the ranks at jetairly in France. It is clear that there will be little to no support to set things up properly either through jetairfly or the contract firm. I can even understand this from the jetairfly perspective. You don’t want to burden office staff to arrange things for temporary employees. The business model has to be mean and lean. The contract company makes its money placing people not babysitting them. The loyalty to each other is implied and should be understood.

For someone taking his first steps on the ladder there is more leeway as to all the details that are relevant to someone who is farther along in age and experience. It is about gaining experience. The contract is for six months at the most. So in the case of my relative both parties gain what they are looking for.

No training bond and a good salary for the level of experience is offered. The company gets a warm bum in the seat, and an eager, enthusiastic young man who is willing to contribute from day one. In those circumstances the amount of roostered days off and cuddles from the company are not the highest priority. It also means that when he does land at a good company where things are arranged a lot better it will be that much more appreciated. Even after one contract period the value you gain for another employer is significant.

Navigating your way through the French system is definitely a worry. It is also no good that people don’t seem to be helping each other along. Why does everyone have to invent the wheel anew. If a couple of guys hire a local tax/employment lawyer or advisor it should ease things along. And spreading the costs among a number of people will keep the costs under control. Has this been looked at? I would definitely recommend my relative joins in, and I know at least five others who are all going to be confronted with the same issues shortly.

The issue is clear. Let’s see if we can come up with a solution.