PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bruntingthorpe. Cold War jets this Sunday
Old 25th May 2016, 23:34
Alber Ratman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You going Nutty? Plan to be there myself. MJ is right about the ITAR regulations, they are very specific on what one can do with the items they refer to. Static display means exactly that. I'm involved with a museum that has just been loaned from the USAFM, A10 ser no 80-0219 that was at Alconbury. ITAR applies to it (even though it technically is still owned by the US government). We also have an F4 frame we have acquired from Everett Aero. It was sold to us with exactly the same ITAR provisions as every other F4 sold by the MoD. Static display only. Break that and get caught doing it will see you likely losing your purchase. Getting 582 down from Scotland is not going to be cheap either. It would likely cost the price GJD paid for her to move her. The wing has to come off, period. At 28 feet with the outers off, she will not get permission for a road move in that state. I have heard little on what has happened since Gary saved the day, but no doubts it will be a topic of conversation with people we know on Sunday.

Last edited by Alber Ratman; 26th May 2016 at 07:39.