PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I buy a Piper PA-32R-301 Saratoga SP ii?
Old 25th May 2016, 20:54
Magic90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I buy a Piper PA-32R-301 Saratoga SP ii?

Hi All

I am in dilemma. I'm fed up of flying shabby, unreliable, ill equipped club aircraft which never really fill me with confidence. I also want to go away for short breaks and of course this conflicts with my club making a profit. So, I'm considering buying my own aircraft come this September

Firstly about me; I have only just over 200hrs; 50+ as PIC mainly on PA28 Warrior and Arrow. I'm night qualified and next month I should be doing my IMC/IRR rating.

I was going to move onto twins after completing my 70hrs PIC but have decided to build up my competence and skills on a single first. The Saratoga may also fill the gap permanently as I was aiming for a Seneca V. It has a great load capability and range for my wife, our dogs and occasional other adult.

However, is the Saratoga too bigger step and will I have issues getting insurance due to my inexperience?

Thanking you all for your input - many of you will have more hours than I can ever hope for.