PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French ATC Strike
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2016, 19:56
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting comments . Are some of you living in France to benefit from a certain lifestyle and benefits you do not get in your home country ?
if it is the case, it is a bit hypocritical no ?

Strake :
A TGV train driver retires at 50. If he has at least 15 years service, he will have been earning 6000€ per month when employed. Upon retirement, he receives a pension of 4000€ per month - tax free
And where is the problem ? jealousy perhaps ? Anyway the strikes in this topic are not about trains but ATC.
The reasons for next week ATC strike are not about the new labour law causing disruptions and demonstrations in the Country.
For those interested the reasons of the strike are are :
Freeze of recruitment for last 8 years despite raise of traffic of 5% /year .
No more investment in new technologyin last 10 years .
Better retirement conditions.

Source : SNCTA : Le Blog des Contrôleurs

MrDK :
Ronald Reagan proved that wrong. He fired 11,000 ATC employees. Within days operation was at 80% and a lifetime ban was imposed on all strikers from being rehired.
Little or no problem since ..
Where did you get this from ? I did live through 1981 and the aftermath and I know my facts which are quite different . It took months to rebuild the system to 80% not days and it took 20 years to rebuild normal working relations within the FAA. Some facilities 25 years later were still forcing controllers on 6 days on/one off and as a result No-one cooperated with the FAA in that period and this is why you still have basically an old 1980 ATC technical system in the US. Nobody in his right mind today wants to repeat this . Definitively not in the US.