PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft crew deploys emergency slide by accident
Old 25th May 2016, 15:26
Pakehaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oakape
I believe that you have to open the door before the slide will deploy. If so, that was one major stuff up - opening the door instead of disarming it, particularly while moving.
Yeah mate,that's exactly how it works(there's a little bit more detail to it,but no need to go there),a huge lack of concentration on cabin crews part,or some form of personal statement.Ive had 2 slide deployments by the crew,the first,brand new CC on first trip off IOE,the second at the gate,into the jetway,mis communication between jetway driver and lead CC.Different procedures for different airlines for sure,but no matter the procedure,not a cheap fix.I see it as job security for some,a job loss for others

The procedure for dis-arming the doors is very simple,and a co-ordinated system,those of us on the Bus are familiar.I ve talked to trainers of CC,most say the arming/dis-arming of the doors is one if not the biggest issue.I believe a TUI billboard could be the order of the day....YEAH RIGHT!!

Last edited by Pakehaboy; 25th May 2016 at 15:37.