PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2016, 12:48
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of the day she has found a way to indulge her passion. Get over it.
Not so fast... If deception was involved, indulging one's passion is not honourable. If I say, and my logbook says that I flew a plane solo, I was alone in the plane, and took full responsibility for the flight. Though not so much in this case, but in other circumstances, this has licensing implications. If a candidate is required for licensing reasons to fly solo, that's the requirement - no one else aboard.

If TCT would misrepresent this, what other things she might say might not be truthful?

I embrace Mary's observation that women are entitled to the same opportunities as men, and perhaps have a little less ease in achieving them. However, entitling one's self to far extended intercontinental tours in antique aircraft probably exceeds nearly all pilot's opportunities, so hardly could be considered an entitlement - of either gender. Therefore, if you can arrange it with honour (and honesty) the power to you. But if you have to misrepresent to achieve it, you dishonour your group by detracting from the achievements of others who did it with honour. To me, it's no different that athletes who take performance enhancing drugs - not honourable, and disrespects peers.