PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 25th May 2016, 09:55
CoffmanStarter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never mind Brian ... your tried

Now AA62 ... I reckon there is one area that we haven't really explored yet for stories, and that's the Squadron Ops Desk.

Clearly I appreciate things were a bit frantic in the run up to GW1 & 2 ... but in more 'calmer' times there must be a few funny stories around the pandemonium that must have occurred at times ?

I can only imagine ... The Ops Desk phone rings ... "You need to get 'Porcelain, Sanitary, Armatage Shanks for the use of, plus 3 bags of Blue Circle cement' out to Pacific Island X ... within 72 Hrs" ... CLICK as Command hangs up (A bit of poetic licence with a story you know well). The Ops Desk then takes stock ... 2 airframes in the hangar in various stages of 'disassembly' ... 4 crews already despatched to various compass points on the planet ... other crews on leave ... and the job still needs to get done !

The Ops Planning side possibly often taken for granted ... so let's see what our contributors have to offer