PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 25th May 2016, 08:33
Brian 48nav

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AA62

I'm sorry to say I can't find any. Like many people I used to take slides and really regret it - it is such a faff to search through them, particularly as my filing was not as good as it should have been.

I remember flying into Saigon with Sir JC ( during his brief spell as a Flt Lt! ) and taxying in I was busy snapping away until John looked back, saw what I was doing and yelled, " Put that camera away ". Sadly, but luckily, I hadn't wound the film on after loading it, so there was nothing on it. I decided I wouldn't bother with a camera en-route after that!

On my next trip to Saigon, the skipper insisted we went into the terminal for a coffee, and he was gaily ( when the word meant happily! ) swinging his camera from his hand and snapping anything that caught his fancy! No names, no pack drill as he is a PPruner.

I expect to see both of them tomorrow at the funeral of Don Kilpatrick, who was also a skipper on 48 then. I haven't posted about Don's sad demise but if anyone needs details of his funeral please PM me.