PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fatness Test
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2016, 23:04
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So I can be ordered to complete my fitness test at any time by my commander, lets say for the sake of argument I'm a bit hungover and don't pass (out of character) but still have 18 months currency on JPA, what happens? I ask because at my Unit the CO's policy is that everyone is to complete a fitness test every 6 months regardless of currency left on JPA
As I understand it, a fail is a fail and you would go onto remedial PT - even if you had just got a dark blue the week before and were just doing it for the sake of doing it. That's assuming the PTIs follow the rules to the letter and don't let common sense get in the way.

As 2IC of a tri-service unit in my last job I was constantly having to do fitness tests from a leadership perspective, but it got to the point that I didn't actually mind as it was time out of the office and a bit of fresh air. Minus 7 one winter's morning was a bit more bracing than I would have cared for though. But as far as the Army elements were concerned, it was great to see 'the old man' out running up and down hills with them, and beating me was always a good incentive ... only a few did though as we often had fitness tests on CO's PT which was invariably first thing after a heavy night in the NAAFI. Sheer coincidence you understand, but I did wonder what might happen if I failed one of the many tests I did even though I was still in date.