PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Latitude OM/AFM/POH
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2016, 14:58
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where the Latitude is beaten only by the Sovereign Plus is field performance, especially on short fields with close in obstacles.

I did the numbers for our airfield, the Lat can typically lift about 1200 lbs more out of our homebase and the Sovereign Plus tops that by roughly 350 lbs. Given the roughly 300lbs highe BEW of the Latitude, the Sovereign Pluses advantage is even bigger...

It is even better than the old Sovereign. Important to us, maybe not so for many others. I had the opportunity to see the new Latitude interior, that is very nice. I had a introduction to the Legacy 500, nice plane as well. Not sure wether I agree on the looks and I love the old fashioned yoke. But thats just me.

AZAV8R: we are looking at a replacement for our Sov, the Sov+ and Latitude are on top of our current list (well IŽd love to fly a Falcon, but my bosses are a bit shy to fork out...and in the end its better to have a job on a smaller aircraft vs no job on a shiny Falcon...)

Since we fly a lot to Africa, how would you rate the A/C ? Before several SBs were installed it wasnŽt as good as it is now on the Sov and given the higher volume of the Lats cabin...

What about the G5000 - I heard some horror stories about the update procedures (which suck on the old Sov/Honeywell too). How would you rate overall reliability ?

Anything else you`d like to share ?