PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Dreaded Hi-viz vest
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2003, 20:36
poetpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bodie, I pity you. Take your personal frustrations out on me if it really helps. Otherwise go and get some help (& don't forget your luminous jacket).

Ridiculing me for exposing a ridiculous culture shows you up, not me.

No, I've NEVER made a claim up. Because I'm quite a safe person, I've never had a crunch in a car, therefore have never had to claim or manufacture a claim for insurance. From the sound of it, Bodie seems to think that we all go round claiming for everything. If that's the case, maybe he has, therefore maybe has contributed to this culture.

Points about the USA are very well made. Claim culture is rife there, they invented it. Yet at GA airfields you do not have to wear a HVV.

I repeat the general observation - the over-regulation culture is becoming ever more pervasive.

If it's not fought against, then the grip slowly tightens and we get to the point where we meekly accept every petty rule that tells us when to breathe in and when to breathe out - just because some erk behind a desk in Whitehall, Kingsway or Brussels has had to think of a new rule today.

I am all for safety but I'm all against loss of personal responsibility and personal freedom.