PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New-ish i5 MB, Up to W10 64 bit free, BUT, bl . . . blinking awful graphics.
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:53
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Penguin is Bang on the Nail

Hello Rivits

(The Red 3TB HDD is working fine - Good luck with the Black coded HD by the way.)

Have you a Linux Distribution CD or USB hanging around - Just try booting from it and see how the results look.

I take it that the motherboard/PC combination is old , have a look in the bios settings and see if the combination of On-board Graphics or using an Graphics Card works best. On looking at the internet, some older Foxconn boards were prone to a single point of failure with a single capacitor affecting video output from the mother board. It is one fitted over the bisected circle on the M/B.

The Kit I'm using is 8 Years old now (with a GT 610 Fanless card in the PCI 2.0 Slot) and an ancient Intel DG 451D Motherboard. DVi cable used.

With the Original Bios.

The Linus distro will follow the bios settings: Just try in demo mode ! - You should get decent results by default ??

For the best results Ubuntu 14.04 requires the use of additional drivers with the correct bios settings. It depends on the version of Linux of course.

But worth a try.

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 23rd May 2016 at 17:19. Reason: Additional Info