PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lenticular
I have a query regarding the predicted fuel remaining shown on the progress page of the MCDU.

It would appear that when en-route to a destination the fuel on arrival is reasonably accurate. However, the fuel at the alternate is very misleading as it seems to be using the current groundspeed to predict the fuel at alternate. This is most obvious when flying with a strong tailwind giving a high groundspeed outbound to destination and the computation appears to assume the same groundspeed for the alternate. If the the alternate happens to be your original departure point ie flying back into wind, then the fuel remaining figure is useless.

Have others experienced this or am I not configuring the MCDU correctly? I cannot find anything in the manual which refers directly to this issue.

I am use to working with the Trimble (Freeflight) 2101 and this gives return leg times and expected fuel on arrival much more accurately. I would have thought the Honeywell system in the AW139 to be a superior system???
Hi!
Have you figured it out or have became any good answer in regard to your question? We also have the same experience.

thanks