PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:57
wazza21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survived flight screening!!

G'day everyone, been a while since my last post but as some of you know i have been away at the magical land of flight screening.

Firstly, I can say that i have been highly recommended for a pilot position in the RAAF and am now waiting for a letter of offer. pretty exciting.

Secondly after looking over the recent posts i can see there are a couple of questions regarding FSP preparation and OTS course dates.

Firstly, as much as i want to help you guys out i CAN NOT tell you details regarding OSB or flight screening particulars! however, from my experience you DO NOT have to have flying experience to pass FSP! just be yourself and do what they teach you and you will be on your way to a high recommendation!

FSP Prep: I personally before going, had 100hrs flight experience and was placed on the advanced course (which was so much fun) but this, although helped be comfortable in the airborne environment is not required as they will teach you everything you need to know. You don't have to spend $100's of dollars on flying preparation, maybe a couple of trial flights to make sure your comfortable in the air!

OSB: hard to prep for - JUST BE YOURSELF!!!

OTS Course Dates:

RAAF - 20th of June with the next intake on the 1st of August. (last one for the year)
NAVY - July
Army - July

Hope this helps everyone and good luck to everyone who has been selected for a future FSP courses! just relax and have FUN!

Last edited by wazza21; 25th May 2016 at 12:33.