PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New-ish i5 MB, Up to W10 64 bit free, BUT, bl . . . blinking awful graphics.
Old 22nd May 2016, 21:45
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Asked a pal to search round for a DVI cable in the AM. Drivers? I'm wondering if it was better with Windows basic which switched to Hi Def until the Intel driver appeared. I don't think it was. As mentioned it was poor from the get-go.

Something in BIOS about Intel and drv which I tried on, but no difference. Of course, I'm wondering if the vendor sold it because it was #$@%# or if he had a better graphics card.

There's a strange similarity between the look of this and the old interlaced picture. Horizontal lines seem to have a secondary haze under them and vertical lines have a one-pixel haze to the left.

I'll go back to Saab's links about drivers on Foxconn and have another hunt in there. The Foxconn DVD won't run on W10 - says it fails to erase? the temp file. If I knew what it was aiming at I'd zap it myself. Whatever, the list of drivers to load is empty.

I suppose my main problem is the age of the board. My fault. Time slips by so quickly now and i5 seemed so modern. Still, it's given me a lust for more power, but the thought of begging MS to allow another major change is not too pleasing.