PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Picking up a stalled wing with full rudder no aileron.
Old 22nd May 2016, 13:17
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teaching in the UK, my "local" examiner has said he would fail people, if during their approach into, and recovery from a clean stall, they use any aileron without first reducing AoA... I'm slightly at loggerheads, as I am more than happy with people using co-ordinated aileron/rudder to keep the wings level (or at any other bank angle they require them), then when they want to recover from the stalled condition, reducing AoA. Surely that's why we have washout on our wings, so the root stalls first due to it's higher incidence, and ailerons continue to work happily - I've also never been able to stall the wing I'm trying to lift first (WHILE STAYING CO-ORDINATED), yet the books tell me this should/could happen as I'm increasing it's AoA further, and it will bite me and flick the wrong way. This in a variety of types through PA18, 2T-1A-2, T67M, PA28 and Cessna 150/152... Perhaps I'm missing something?!