PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2016, 12:14
CaptJack123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Integrated
CaptJack123, I went there, at considerable expense prior to where I am today. Be very careful is what I can say. The fees include nothing, additionally they lack instructors and it is run by managers who know nothing about aviation.

I got in, but decided against it for many reasons but it isn't what it's pitched as. Unless you're arab, I wouldn't go to that 'school' - and by school, I mean portakabin with 3 classrooms next to the cargo companies loading bays.

If you decide to go there, then good luck. But I am much happier going to a European flight school now after spending a long time researching (and in regards to Alpha, a lot of money too).
I appreciate the honesty, if you don't mind me asking; where did you end up doing your training? And where are you in the regard as for now.

How far did you make it into Alpha? What was the main reason for leaving? I do understand being in the Middle East, facilities aren't going to be of European or Australian quality finishes but at the end of the day, if it gets you into the right seat... what is there to complain about.