PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 21st May 2016, 21:50
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
somethingbrite

Forgive my ignorance, but I see only "hours and minutes" recorded in the times of these events. Are seconds within minutes not displayed?

Given the above - can we know if these events occur simultaneously and simply appear in the order they do so in this list by some accident of software logic - oris their order on the list absolutely defined by the order in which they occurred?

Also....without "seconds" how can we know the events of minute 26 and minute 27 did not actually occur within seconds of one another....?

Would this information be available to aircrew handling a sequence of errors and therefore allow them to perhaps make a causal link between errors?

I am not involved in the air industry at all, but I do handle systems where error reporting allows me to trace a causal event through real time error reporting.
Excellent checkpoint on facts vs supposition

The cause speculators often stretch their suppositions into factual support.

This is the main reason why we should wait for time stamped and correlated black box data and not rely on maintenance oriented signals as factual time stamps.

For many accidents even black box data is not sufficient to conclude the causes without corresponding examination of hardware.

We have a long way to go on this one