PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Shoreham flying schools so busy.........
Old 21st May 2016, 20:41
Inverted pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, grumpy was an understatement. Despite his advanced years, I am used to finding dragons at the doors to the Airport Lounges, not at the "first impression" stage of a business that I would have imagined would be chomping at the heels of new business.
Ha ha ha - Get over yourself and man up. I can tell you right now that particular Flying club wouldn't want your money and Im sure you wouldn't be welcome there as student if you are basing the criteria for choosing who to keep you alive in the skies and train you to become a pilot by the way the reception/desk staff smile at you. Its certainly your your loss. I'd say Im in a pretty good position to make a good judgement of Shoreham flying schools having flown with just about every school on the airfield in the 15 years iv'e been flying. I Also gained my wings in USA and fly a great deal there but you don't want to burn your bridges in the UK's small aviation community. Perry Air look after me with revalidations/ check rides/ tail dragger training and are all round top guys. Perry Air have stood the test of time for a reason. They are the most dedicated flying school on the field. They have one of the most varied and interesting fleets of aircraft and the owner is passionate and has a very vested interest in his pupils. I'd say your certainly not going to be passing any flight future check rides with this club after your futile comments. I'd broaden your criteria for finding a suitable club to join if I was you and good luck. The airfield is small community and you have already done a great job in alienating yourself.