PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clubs at Elstree?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2016, 19:01
RedKnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clubs at Elstree?

I first obtained my PPL with Cabair at Elstree many years ago, but they've since gone under. Having recently relocated back to the UK, I am now looking for a home airfield (and club) again, and am leaning towards Elstree, given how convenient it is to access from central London. Can anyone please point me in the right direction of an active club based there? I will need a couple of hours initially with an instructor to get my rusty wings back in shape, but otherwise anticipate spending most of my hours in the air on recreational flights across the country, ideally with a couple of mates from the club. My experience has been almost entirely in PA-28 diesel aircraft, so a club with a fleet of those aircraft will be most desirable, though I am open to converting onto a different aircraft model/variant if necessary. I have a couple of additional PPL ratings that will need to be renewed at some point later this year (namely the IR(R) and aerobatic ratings), so will need a club that has the appropriate examining capabilities.

Many thanks in advance.