PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2016, 18:16
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Most of these big adventures, that generate reams of newsprint around the world,have always been the arena where the rich and wealthy get recognition in their social circle.

Balloon here,cross the Atlantic in a big powerboat there or perhaps climb Everest this morning while next week it is a trek to the South Pole.

The rewards come fast and loose from their various clubs and organisations as we have seen with Tracey.

Compare previous reciepients of the HCAP Masters award to TCT. How on earth, if you pardon the pun, can TCT be in the same class as last years winners.

Or the Air League award!

There is a deafening silence from the various GA key people,such as the magazine editors ,who would love to shut this thread down and silence people such as Sam Rutherford who places honesty and integrity above his commercial interests.

Sadly this whole debacle,far from promoting women in UK general aviation, suggests again the well financed and socially connected are still the winners.

I should say Steve Slater, CEO of the LAA, finds himself between a rock and a hard place.

He has the problem of justifying the Bill Woodham Navigation Award.

Given to Tracy who only flew four solo legs out of a journey of 44 on her claimed Africa adventure with presentations across the world.

Plus he is a liveryman of the HCAP and has publicly expressed doubt of the award of the Masters Medal to Tracey Curtis Taylor.
http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic....98714&start=15

On top of that he writes every month for Pilot.

I know a couple of key people in the UK media are delving in to this story and it only a matter of time before it appears in the national press.

Why have we never had a post on here defending her adventures from the hero herself?

In my opinion this hyper promoted woman does nothing to further GA or eliminate the public view flying light aircraft is only for the rich.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 21st May 2016 at 18:35.