PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 0 - 1500h enough ?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2016, 11:28
Rachael Abiodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
0 - 1500h enough ?

Hiya

I'm currently a 21 y/o Law student in the UK, but have been suffering terribly due to depression and overall disillusionment which ended up turning me from a Excellent student to a virtual failure. Now, I never chose to get to this point I never really knew what I wanted to do, so always went with w what at the time (what my parents wanted) I recently distant myself from everything university related.

Now I've decided I want to be a pilot and I've been looking at my options
I understand the competition is stiff and a degree is advised but I honestly don't think I can go back to university the idea makes me well up my mental health suffered so much. However, as you all know their a reality I won't get a job after getting my ATLP

The flying academy in Florida, US offers a 0-1500 hours for £41,000 which basically is full EASA flight training gaining an FI followed by + 2 employment as instructor which allows for all the time building.

So my questions are

1. Am I worry to much about the degree side of things should I just do the 0- ATPL 300 hour course the academy offers and be able to get a job on my arrive back to the UK?

2. Will 1500 hour even help or does a degree holder still have the advantage on me on this

3 should I just finish university and then do my course ?