PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 21st May 2016, 01:20
JosV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if my previous message is waiting for moderation, but I'm new here, so forgive me if it duplicates.

ATA code 561200 and 561100 indicate window panes in the cockpit area. WHC 2 means Window Heat Computer (number 2), which points at the anti-icing system for the cockpit windows. This has nothing to do with opening windows, which is not even possible in a pressurized cockpit, as the sliding window opens first inwards before it slides back. You can't do this in flight.

There is also no indication in the ACARS data about cabin depressurization, but there is for smoke.
Smoke/fire would have the pilots immediately don their oxy masks and do a rapid decent.

I'm not sure about individual company procedures, or whether this is standard over the Mediterranean area, but it could also be airman-ship to make a sharp 90 degree turn while pitching the nose down to retain positive G (bit more comfortable), or it could be standard procedure to get out of the flight routes away from other aircraft.

It does seem all the errors seem to come from the F/O side of the cockpit, including the latter FCU2 and SEC3 faults.

Not making any conclusions yet though.