PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 20th May 2016, 22:26
skridlov

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by highflyer40
Then where is the claim for responsibility? Terrorists live for the moment they can brag about what they have done. It's all quiet on that front. I would say that angle is becoming less and less likely each hour of silence.
This is a very simplistic idea of "what terrorists live for..." Given the rapidity with which various high-level agencies have countenanced the possibility of a malevolent cause, it's not really necessary to brag. Indeed the silence may be even more effective, giving a second opportunity to revive the story when it begins to show signs of flagging.

I have no more idea of the cause of this disaster than anyone else, and less than many, but given the nationality of the carrier and that country's recent history terrorism has got to be a significant possibility.

In that respect the fact that this aircraft's last location before its leg to Paris was Tunisia has occasioned less comment than I would have expected - given that the number of Tunisian members of Daish/Isis in Syria and Iraq exceeds that from any other country by a substantial factor.