PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 20th May 2016, 22:23
Satcomm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why so many people think AH has made a bold statement. This is not a repeat of anything that has ever happened to the 225. They know it,their lawyers know it and any one in the industry SHOULD know it. IMO, they went to the crash site, looked at the gearbox and hums, easily determined this is not a repeat of the previous 225 failures and issued the statement. From initial scene investigation, probably noted the suspension bars detached (whether failed or ripped from the aircraft) and started by getting all operators to inspect the installation, then report findings.

As for the L2 incident, yes, this is most likely the same type of failure. Again, just my opinion. I've seen pics from 2 rolled over Pumas .... Beat the blades clean off of both machines .... No MGB failure. No housing failure. I think if a suspension bar failed the gearbox would eventually roll right out of the aircraft with the head still attached. The other thing nobody has mentioned is the fact that much like REDL, most of the dampers are let go .... Most likely from the MGB sudden stoppage. The fact that the suspension bar fittings are damaged or broken off is meaningless at this point. They are not meant to take the forces of the MGB failure.

This of course is just my opinion and is meaningless as well!!

Last edited by Satcomm; 20th May 2016 at 22:50.