PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook Repairs (UK)
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2016, 18:31
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logbook Repairs (UK)

Hi Guys.

So.... Again... I have sent my logbook to the CAA, and after NOT losing it, it finally meandered its way back to me after 4 weeks after despatch (or so they say - made me glad that I had photocopied my entire logbook just before sending it!). But it has come back a bit destroyed, the backing has almost completely come off, the hard cover corners are all damaged (from what I assume may have been humidity). Thankfully the important stuff is still in pretty good condition!

I was wondering if any of you have gone through the trouble of getting your logbooks mended professionally? And if so - if anyone has contact details of a company that they have used and did a really good job?

I have gone through quite a few book binders around the London area but none of them have been particularly helpful, and most said that they were unable to help after sending them the pictures of the cover leaving the main part of the logbook. I feel that they could not be bothered... I do have a new logbook of the same kind still in its wrapping, so that the cover could be used if required.

I have been told that I can stop using the logbook and use a new one from that point forward, but really i love my logbook, and really want one single logbook with all the information in it. Ideally i'd like someone who can mend my logbook / replace the covers and re-attach all the pages to the new cover.

Can any of you recommend someone?

Thanks.
Alex

Last edited by alex90; 20th May 2016 at 18:33. Reason: spelling / grammar / general crap typing