PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 20th May 2016, 03:05
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's sad is that some news channels have such poor analytics when it comes to these incidents. For example i just watched a news channel talk about how this was the 5th flight for this plane for 20 minutes....relevant? Yes but if you talk about miniscule facts to make them bigger to make news you create misleads. Its really unfortunate...then we have other news outlets declaring "wreckage found" when in fact it wasn't. Millions of ships pass through these waters every year. ..just because cargo ship disasters don't make headlines don't think a life vest or container debris can only come from 1 aircraft.

The fact that there was no response from the crew during ATC's attempts is very odd and decompression sure looks culpable however hears hoping they find the location of the plane so we can know more.

An Egyptian friend of mine told me today that back home the airline is under immense pressure from various news and foreign media outlets... lots of info coming in and they're trying to be very careful in what they let out..let's all take a deep breath and think positive and hope for the best.

Onetrack - well said and don't forget with current technology there is no requirement for terrorist to travel physically anymore. ..they can communicate freely electronically as well. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere along the airport /airline routing someone was sought out and convinced. But then again we have 0 proof so let's focus our efforts in supporting the families and finding this plane. Not wreckage yet!