PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2016, 22:10
Jetblu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis

Your statement below is not strictly correct.

"So far as I recall, the only issue over there was one or two obsessive individuals who just peed everybody off by going on about the woman incessantly when there was already a broad consensus of opinion."

I imagine that members of aviation internet forums represent less than 5% of the subscribers of the Flyer magazine. Whilst we [on here and there] clearly know the truth, it is also true to say that probably 95% of the magazine community will be intentionally mislead on how that top 10 was concluded.

It was convenient [for me] that the publisher of Flyer was to hand when I presented this very question of deceit, and how the story would be portrayed to readers.

Here is what was said .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jetblu wrote:
Deceit is deceit, which ever way you want to spell it. Whilst it has been made quite clear that Flyer have no great interest in covering the factual, and very important matter, it will be interesting to see how it is reported in the Pilot Magazine.

G-BLEW wrote Mon May 09, 2016 5:02 pm
Well, she's made it into their list of '10 outstanding women from aviation history' so I guess that's how they've chosen to cover it.

Ian
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not good if you ask me.