PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2016, 18:28
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
PEG 107

Brave post 107 and I understand your viewpoint ,however whilst the current website and ads still run the ACO are misleading youngsters as to what is really available and quite frankly I do not think it will improve. if a Squadron can survive on its own merits** then that's great, but to give the idea that a meaningful amount of flying and or gliding is available is not being honest, and Cranwell should accept that and stop the hype.
The way that skilled capable volunteers have been treated is unforgivable and those at the top have to accept full responsibility for that.
The same goes for 2FTS Syerston which is just a name with no meaning now.
The whole debacle is shameful, and I do wonder where they will attract adult staff to try and run the organisation.
** Some Squadrons will be able to offer facilities that are attractive in their local area ,this will be down to the skill of a particular CO and the support of the staff, however the problem will be finding those people prepared to serve under a total lacklustre leadership at the top. OF Course for the pension pushers higher up the food chain recruitment will be easy.