PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nauru - What's happening?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2003, 11:51
ER2nd.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kwaj mate... I know what I was paid and so 'know by estimation' what others would have been getting...roughly too. I did see an official, standard pay scale memorandum for ON pilots. Sure A$120-150 plus tax paid doesn't sound quite right (did I really read that in this thread?). Tax is indeed a grey area but as long as one never appears to be in Oz I guess one would never have to pay the taxes - if that duty did fall/still falls/maybe falls on the aircrew to deal with. It all depends on the way the contracts were draw up doesn't it. If I (as a foreigner from another island) for example, were employed by NPC as a phosphate digger I know what level of pay scale I'd be on... and I wouldn't be living in Nauruan style luxury... not that there is such a thing by our standards. Somehow (me thinks) this thread has gotten way off course and a bit personal (to others) too. For my part, all I wanted to suggest was/is maybe the days for Nauru running an airline are long since past....and my reasons why. That was all. It is a shame that some seem to have an axe to grind. I for one have no regrets - I'd do it all again tomorrow if I could......