PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 19th May 2016, 14:41
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly4Business
Another A320 down with the same pattern, no distress, no radio, no calling the next station. What if the construction does have a hidden flaw, will they confess or call it terrorism?
By "Construction" are you referring to design (as in FBW systems) or structural systems? The Air Indonesia A320 losss, and the AF 447(A330) loss have similar FBW systems (if not identical), but your using the term "construction" has me puzzled. I don't see a history of A320's having high altitude structural failures (unlike the DeHavilland Comet of yore).

To "call it terrorism" there will first have to be certain evidence when the CVR and FDR are recovered. I have faith that those will be found and recovered. There's a small enough datum, and the location is not too far from where suitably equipped vessels can begin an underwater search for those "pings" that were so hard to find for MH370.
We can't yet know how many nations' submarines may be either in the area or on their way to assist in the acoustic search for the pings from those recorders ... but I suspect numerous nations have already offered that assistance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...g-live-8003059
Last point, the Mirror seems to have published a belated PIREP for the area near this lost contact:
A British pilot who he flew through the same area as the missing plane yesterday said “the weather was perfect”.

Alan Carter told the BBC: “I was captain of my Boeing 747 from Milan to Jeddah, flying on the same rout - we were flying at 39,000 ft, EgyptAir at 37,000 ft. “All air traffic communication systems were operating normally. It was a quiet time - I spoke to Athens radar and remarked how quiet it was, and was told there were only five aircraft in the airspace. Communications with Cairo radar were all normal too.”

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 19th May 2016 at 14:54.