PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 19th May 2016, 13:35
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't entirely disagree however, the ADS-B data being received before and after the incident position in the days before the incident are almost entirely from one site either near or on LTFG Gazipasa-Alanya airport on the SW Coast of Turkey. This site is consistently recording ranges of up 260nm which is a good range for ADS-B receivers and easily covers out to the LKP. So in fact there is no blind spot and the flightpath is consistently covered by the LTFG Rx. I agree a precise point cannot be inferred by this especially since there was almost three minutes from the last transmission from the aircraft until Flightawre software began posting estimated positions but, I suggest the Flightaware position is very close.
It appears that the search area details available at the present are in good agreement with the last positions on the ADS-B data in this FlightAware log:

Flight Track Log MSR804 18-May-2016 CDG / LFPG - CAI / HECA FlightAware

Flightradar24, FlightAware, and RadarBox24 should all have more detailed ADS-B data on their servers.