PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the reason for separate military ATC?
Old 19th May 2016, 09:48
junior.VH-LFA

Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts
Dick, you asked for reasons why. You've been given good reasons why, relating to an operational capability, which has been used on operations within the last 12 months.

Just because other countries do it differently doesn't mean they're doing it better.

You're a smart man, I'm sure its occurred to you that neither you nor any of your mates (or people in this thread myself included) have any idea what is coming for the ADF in the future, and isn't that really the point, prepare for the worst, fight like you train? It's probably not a coincidence that the most capable of the worlds Air Forces have their own Air Traffic Controllers.

At this point now you're just baiting people. I probably should have seen that earlier though.

At this point I'll bow out, I've given you what I think most would consider pretty valid reasoning, and I don't think they'll satisfy you. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and that's cool. I'll just reiterate that I'm making no comments relating to how JBAC's are employed domestically or any comments relating to the airspace issues you often discuss.