PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greedy Airlines & SlimLine Seats!
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2016, 08:44
Andy_S

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by chefrp
So this is what business has come to these days. No benefits for their paying customers?
Not if those benefits cost them more money than they can claw back in higher fares. That’s not how business works.

You seem to come from the Ebenezer Scrooge school of business. But remember what happened to him.
Ebeneezer Scrooge was a fictional character.

Singapore Airlines is a government owned airline, the best airline in the world, offers good legroom, free meals, clean planes and outstanding service...what is so wrong with that?
SQ are, indeed, a first rate airline and I’ve enjoyed flying with them in the past. But they’re not cheap…… I’m planning a trip to Singapore later this year, and while I’m considering a number of airlines, SQ aren’t one of them simply because the fares for the dates I’m interested in are significantly higher than many of the alternatives. This is what you seem to struggle to understand. I have many choices in how I get to Singapore, and while I could afford to pay more to fly with SQ I have chosen not to do so. Others may choose differently. That’s the joy of a competitive aviation market.