PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need some insight on APC (Aviation Professionals club) UAE
Old 19th May 2016, 06:05
BLOGGSON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vortex Thing, you are coming it a bit high and mighty, bleating about halcyon days in the officers' mess and exhorting professional pilots to purchase a log book, just because you think it's a good idea. APC doesn't suit everyone and frankly I found it to be an increasing waste of money, especially as I, like many people, get no pleasure from listening to a bunch of other pilots moaning about their rosters or how wonderful their big aeroplane is and the thought of mixing it with them and their sometimes social climbing wives is anathema. I'd rather slam my old boy in the fridge door than go on that Mundo cruise thing.

APC is refused in so many restaurants, where Platinum is specifically requested, plus I resented their insistence on paying for the privilege of direct debit. Their web site is a train smash; just try the search engine, it's appalling.

As to eating out in Dubai, I have to agree with Speedbirdhopeful: the service industry in Dubai is on a one way ticket to oblivion. They used to have to try hard and they welcomed your repeat business. Now they don't because there are so many people cramming into this tiny space that they simply don't care if you never come back or bad mouth them in the press or TripAdvisor; plenty more will come instead anyway. Value for money when eating out here is a thing of the past and the race to the bottom is well under way.

And by the way, I use Log Ten Pro as well. (Apologies for the thread slip). It is good but it's over priced and has more features than even the most anal retentive record keeper could ever use. Most of it is tosh and the only reason I subscribed is that I have better things to do than learn how to export/import log books from one format to the other.

Are you a rotor head then? Probably search and rescue by the sounds of it.