PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2016, 22:23
mart901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to look back on social media where apparently EI are desperately advertising on BHD's FB and Twitter pages. I can find one, yes one such advert for a sale which ends in 5 days. EI email me on a near weekly basis details of sales or prices for UK and in particular US airfares. The fact of the matter is they are down to one aircraft at BHD over winter and cannot justify all the based staff. It's sad and I feel for the employees involved, but ultimately they are able to remain in employment and this is a reflection of the fact they are continuing at BHD. As has been stated SNN and some ORK flights are DUB crewed, and without going all political this is a small island and DUB is not far away, it's only the same as say llbanks consolidating branch networks or the centralisation of departments in the NHS or DVLA moving work from Coleraine to Swansea, it's sad but true and often necessary. As was suggested on UTV yesterday EI are facing direct and indirect competition from FR, they have to cut costs to compete. And as for social media, just take a look at BFS's pages and all the adverts and posts including of all things one about the toilets, does this mean they are struggling for punters??? or maybe they are blocked with the drivel which flows from the pprune BFS fanclub.

Last edited by mart901; 18th May 2016 at 22:25. Reason: error