PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2016, 19:56
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There have been rumours of Oman Air but daily flights is a bit of a surprise.

What aircraft type will it likely be?
This very good news indeed. Just GF needed now to get the set.

I'm not surprised. I think Oman realize they are the "Johnny come lately" and if they are going to make any inroads at all into the well established turf of the MEB3, Turkish, PIA etc they need to at least have a daily offering. Get ready for some bargain prices to the subcontinent if you're into that sort of thing !
Yes, and it makes direct flights to India less likely. Also there's potential for leisure pax to BKK, or possibly a niche service of some sort with a different USP to the others.

Also the new MCT terminal should be open by now, else very soon, and this should be a more pleasant and less crowded experience than changing planes in DXB.

Dozens of MPs urge the Government to agree on a third runway for Heathrow by the end of July

Hope employees of Manchester Airport are reading.

#GrahamBrady

Nothing short of bizarre that a Mancunian MP is so evangelical about Heathrow. He was even main sponsor WHY ?

Early day motion 1162 - FINAL DECISION ON AIRPORT EXPANSION IN LONDON AND THE SOUTH EAST - UK Parliament
Actually makes very good sense, and very overdue, but don't hold your breath.

If a decision was going to be made, it would have been done at the start of the new government (this time last year), once the "pesky Libdems" were out of the way.

Basically, they've wasted millions on the Davis Commission for no good reason.......

As for MP and 3rd runway I think they will see what happens post referendum, if we vote to leave will there be the demand long term ?
Of course there will, membership of the EU or not has no bearing on this.